Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Just wanted to take a quick second to say THANK YOU to all our servicemen & women who sacrifice daily so we can enjoy the freedoms we have, as well as those who payed the ultimate price by protecting our freedom with their lives. Thank you also to all of our firefighters, EMS, police officers, and other first responders who protect us daily....

I hope everyone enjoyed some great food and fun with family & loved ones this weekend. I spent the weekend BBQ hopping (I think I hit around 12 in all!) My favorites were a thrown by Christine Henriquez and Lisa & Eric Hansen. I met them when I was doing some local demos, and they said I could always stop by for a bite to eat-so I surprised them this weekend when I showed up!



Both BBQ's had amazing food, and my family & I had a really good time just hanging out, enjoying the HOT weather & great people.








Speaking of my family, BOTH Justin & Jordan have been jonesing for the beach & boardwalk, so I woke them up super early this morning, packed them up in the car, and drove to Atlantic City. I think they had a good time-what do you think?


I've been on the road promoting the cookbook most of the past two months, so having the opportunity to take a break and just be at home with my family this weekend was just what I needed-even if I had to listen to Jordan's new favorite band, The Lemonade Mouth Band the entire time (smile).

-Chef Aaron-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Man,

I was internet surfing and I saw some of the hate.

Keep your head up, ignore the haters. Don't stop grinding!! Keep working hard, finding good recipes, traveling/showcasing your work, and being yourself!

I can tell from the look on your face, that some days it get's tiring. Don't quit, remember you are living your dream